• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

nstg8r

Android Enthusiast
Nov 28, 2010
NY
That's it. I've traded my Transform in for a shiny new Epic. Out of the box, Linpack = 14, Quad = 1048. There will be no looking back.

My suggestion to anyone looking to upgrade theirs and who aren't eligible for a discount: Go to one of those mall kiosks and not a Sprint store or Best Buy. Those guys are definitely willing to wheel and deal with you.

Thanks to all those on this sub-forum for all their help. See y'all over on the Epic forum. :cool:

That's it. I've traded my Transform in for a shiny new Epic. Out of the box, Linpack = 14, Quad = 1048. There will be no looking back.

My suggestion to anyone looking to upgrade theirs and who aren't eligible for a discount: Go to one of those mall kiosks and not a Sprint store or Best Buy. Those guys are definitely willing to wheel and deal with you.

Thanks to all those on this sub-forum for all their help. See y'all over on the Epic forum. :cool:

Sadly I won't be seeing you on any Epic forums. Ill be getting an Evo. Anyway, what do you mean kiosk? Whats so different about the small mall booths and what did they do for you?

Upvote 0
[TheAndroid];2660819 said:
Sadly I won't be seeing you on any Epic forums. Ill be getting an Evo. Anyway, what do you mean kiosk? Whats so different about the small mall booths and what did they do for you?

Sprint stores and Best Buy prices are set by their corporate headquarters. The smaller retailers work on commission and have a little more leeway in setting their prices. Because I wasn't eligible for an upgrade, if I had gone to BB or Sprint I would have to pay the full price ($499.99) for this phone. Instead, I paid $248.99 plus I traded in my Transform for a $54 credit.

Upvote 0
Awesome and congrats! I'm sooo ready to do the same. If only this phone worked better, or how its suposed to I'd keep it. Too many little goofey things wrong with it. I've thrown it across the room many times shattering it into several pieces, suprised its still working...
Thanks for the Kiask tip, I'll try that when I'm ready!
Ren

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones