• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Handcent SMS app

WozzaTT

Not a big problem by any means but somehow I've managed to change a setting so that when I press the Handcent icon on my home page the little square area around it flashes orange before going into the application. Everything other icon I have flashes green and I want them all the same!!!

Can anyone tell me what I need to change in settings please?

TIA

I believe the orange is because you're tapping a widget and not an app shortcut. Switch your Handcent icon to a program shortcut instead of its widget.

I also have a question about handsent. When I get a popup message, the background screen appears as my wallpaper. When I used to get a popup screen, it would just appear on top of whatever I was doing. Anyone know how to change this back?

I'm having a weird Handcent issue, messages from my husband and my son are coming through twice, but everyone else only once. It gives me double notifications too. I've checked, double checked and triple checked the settings in the native messaging app, uninstalled and reinstalled it...still having the same issue. One of the duplicate messages comes through with a linked callback number (that I can click on to call), the other one doesn't. Anyone have any creative ideas of what might be going on?

I'm having a weird Handcent issue, messages from my husband and my son are coming through twice, but everyone else only once. It gives me double notifications too. I've checked, double checked and triple checked the settings in the native messaging app, uninstalled and reinstalled it...still having the same issue. One of the duplicate messages comes through with a linked callback number (that I can click on to call), the other one doesn't. Anyone have any creative ideas of what might be going on?

A few things... when you go to send a text and long press the text box an option should appear about what program to use to send the text... chooses handcent and also check the little box bottom left that says... USE AS DEFAULT.

Make sure no text message App are displayed on any of your home screens as shortcuts, if they are remove them.

delete all text threads in all message programs.

reboot your phone.

Add your handcent program App to your choice of one of your home screens.

Your results should be all text threads in all/any message programs are deleted, no other message Apps appear on any home screens except for Handcent.

open your handcent app and re-check your setting, now have someone send you a test text.

A few things... when you go to send a text and long press the text box an option should appear about what program to use to send the text... chooses handcent and also check the little box bottom left that says... USE AS DEFAULT.

Make sure no text message App are displayed on any of your home screens as shortcuts, if they are remove them.

delete all text threads in all message programs.

reboot your phone.

Add your handcent program App to your choice of one of your home screens.

Your results should be all text threads in all/any message programs are deleted, no other message Apps appear on any home screens except for Handcent.

open your handcent app and re-check your setting, now have someone send you a test text.

I tried this out and I am still getting double texts from some people. Both messages are exaclty the same except one is showing a call back number and the other is not.

check your setting in RECEIVING MESSAGES in the handcent program, retrace each setting in all options. I know HANCENT has many settings, use the process of elimination.

I'm having this same problem as well. And it is only incoming messages from other Verizon customers. It shows their message with a CB# and then the same message again without it. Will keep digging.

this works! You also have to make sure you dont have a SMS notifier active. unInstall that and move the messages icon away from the home page. Then have handcent on your main page and it works.

I'm having the same issues. I tried the list of suggestions above to no avail. I'm wondering if it is a 2.1 issue. From the comments I see when I google this issue it appears to be only those with 2.1 version. Anyone having this problem that DOESN'T have 2.1? And btw, I have Sprint, not Verizon.

You all are turning off default messaging notifications right? Like you go into the messaging app and turn off notifications there, so you only get them thru handcent

Back
Top Bottom