• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have your SGS2 flash the soft buttons when you receive a text.

Remeniz

Android Enthusiast
Aug 20, 2011
Peterborough - UK
... or any other communication reminder.

This was only possible by Rooting and installing a ROM. You don't need too no more.

Download NoLED. It now flashes the soft buttons on and off as a reminder together with icons on the screen.

Go into its settings, then colours, and set any reminder you don't want to appear on the screen to black.

No when you miss a call, text or email only the soft buttons will flash, just like the ROM version.

Exactly what I want.

:D

You must go into Settings > Battery saving features > Blink. Enable.

This is where you set the on off times of the icons/soft keys.

EDIT:

I've since realised that you need to have the soft keys lights on always.

So yea it's a small workaround but in the end you will have a feature that, maybe(?), Samsung should've implemented themselves.

Upvote 0
Finally! Sound great. I always had problems with this and Widget locker though but just looked through the FAQ:

Update: you no longer need to disable System Keyguard or Easy Wake Mode when you're using the newer versions of NoLED as it now has built-in API calls to support WidgetLocker natively.

Hopefully it will be fine. I'll try tonight.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones