• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Having trouble moving app icons

I have a motorola bravo, android 2.1.

When I try to reposition an icon on a screen, the tries to change screens. I hold an icon, move to left, or right, and instead of moving the icon, the screen moves.

Also, how do I move an icon from on screen, to another?

Any way to get rid of these extra screens?

I have a motorola bravo, android 2.1.

When I try to reposition an icon on a screen, the tries to change screens. I hold an icon, move to left, or right, and instead of moving the icon, the screen moves.

Also, how do I move an icon from on screen, to another?

Any way to get rid of these extra screens?
It sounds like maybe you are not pressing the icon quite long enough for Android to realize what you want to do. :)

To move the icon to another screen, drag it all the way to the edge and wait for the screen to shift, then drop the icon on the new screen.

With LauncherPro you can set the number of screens you want; other aftermarket launchers may be able to do that too but I don't know for sure.

You can try just deleting it, and adding another one where you want it. Just long press the app, drag up or down to your trash can to delete. Then long press the empty space you want it, and add a new one.

Back
Top Bottom