• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Heavy Breathing Sounds

I swear this is not a joke.

Earlier this week, I was talking to my husband on my Droid X and I kept hearing a very annoying heavy breathing sound. DH is 67 and does do this sometimes, but it was to the annoying point. At the same time, I didn't think much of it. Then today, I was talking to my daughter and heard the same heavy breathing. She does not usually make this sound, so I asked her if she was out of breath. She said, "No. Not at all." I said, "You are making all this heavy breathing sounds." which she denied. Just as I was telling her about what I was hearing (she did not hear it), the heavy breathing stopped! :eek: I started laughing because we had been talking about the pros and cons of Formula 409 over Clorox bleach. (She just bought a house.)

I work at mid-sized bank, in the IT department. This is my personal phone and from work, which is where both calls occurred, I probably make phone calls on it less than five times a week. I have no access to confidential information.

Do you think someone is listening in to my conversations? Has anyone else experience heavy breathing sounds on their Droids??

I experienced the same.
I thought it was me or my boyfriend but no.
No one is breathing heavily.
I hold my breath and also my boyfriend is talking while I hear those heavy breathing sound and while he was talking, the sound was all messed up. I hold the call and in my shock I can still hear those heavy breathing. I don't know maybe it was a third party or just the network is jammed.
But damn! It lasted for 1 minute and 30 seconds after I say hello!
I was freaked out since it was just last night around 1 am. It scared me also so curious. Whatever that is I want to know.

Actually, this has been happening to my brother A LOT! Except hes been hearing heavy breathing on his phone while hes calling, and when he is not. Its a very creepy sound. It sounds like as if a person was breathing, and moving around. I don't know what or who is causing this, but I might call the cops if this doesn't stop. If this happens again, I suggest that you try to record the breathing with another phone, and then call the cops.

OMG! I experienced it on today and this is 3rd times happened within a week... My friend now reject to answer my call... :rolleyes:

Has anyone tried to record these sounds? There are several decent call recording apps (check your local laws to see if they are legal to use) that can capture both sides of the conversation. If these sounds are truly part of the call, the recorder should be able to capture it.

So my girlfriend just heard the sound of someone quickly breathing in and suddenly it cuts off. It's a little different from what was posted here but it may be a similar problem?

This could be similiar to my problem. My phone is making a busy signal constantly off and on even when I am not placing a call. I will be watching a movie on my android and get interupted by a busy signal. It isn't a notification and the sound doesn't exist in my settings anywhere. Google hasn't helped at all. Has anyoneelse experienced this?

Awwwwe! okay everyone… ..ya caught me… .i confess!!!!
downloadfile-2.gif

I heard the Loud breathing coming from my phone. It wasn't me , I wasn't even on the phone. I was like wat the F$@*! is that!!! When it did it again I recorded it cause nobody else could understand wat the heck I was talking about. It's loud. Sounds like a regular person breathing on my phone. :eek:It's very freaky an I don't like ito_O. I had to turn the volume All the way down cause it was freaking me out:oops:. I never ever had a phone that did tht. Wish I knew how its started an how to stop it. :thinking: any suggestions???

Attachments

That is a bit creepy, but what I heard sounded like either a punctured speaker or over modulation of a sound file. Do all your other audio files sound okay on the phone? There's no record of any notifications or call activity for the time of the sound?

I'm a career electronics technician, so I watched the video and listened intently. That is very likely NOT heavy breathing because the intervals are too precise. EXACTLY 3.5 seconds of noise before a brief silence, then EXACTLY 3.5 seconds of noise. That's what it is - white noise. I'm about to lose some folks here, but it's likely caused by channel frequencies crossing & mixing into product order harmonic frequencies: intermodulation interference. Once you call again, you may not hear the sound because your call is routed by a different channel. Depending on where you are and the amount of cellular bandwidth available, you may hear it more often.

Last edited:
I heard the Loud breathing coming from my phone. It wasn't me , I wasn't even on the phone. I was like wat the F$@*! is that!!! When it did it again I recorded it cause nobody else could understand wat the heck I was talking about. It's loud. Sounds like a regular person breathing on my phone. :eek:It's very freaky an I don't like ito_O. I had to turn the volume All the way down cause it was freaking me out:oops:. I never ever had a phone that did tht. Wish I knew how its started an how to stop it. :thinking: any suggestions???

Hi, thank you for posting this because since July 27th I have been searching Google for an answer. Basically on that day my mom's partner died at the exact same time I heard this on my phone. I was searching my shopping bags thinking it was something in my bag until realising it was my phone. I had no apps on in the background and nothing on Spotify etc. It was only half an hour later I got the call that he had died at that exact time so naturally I thought it was something spooky. I'm sure my mom thinks I made it up. After listening to your video clip I note its EXACTLY the same! I note that you did get an answer although not sure what that means but I accept it as some tech/frequently glitch. I only joined this forum to reply to you to let you know that this exact same thing happened to me and to thank you for solving the mystery that I might have perceived as something else for the rest of my life.

Back
Top Bottom