• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Hello fellow nexus 7 users :-) Quick 4.2.2 question!

racinmason001

Android Enthusiast
I'm new to the nexus 7. I'm a long time user of the lg esteem and just got this nexus about a week ago. I'm rooted with twrp installed. I am running 4.2.2 and was wondering if any of the roms (especially CM10) is compatible with 4.2.2. Im reading up and not really finding a definitive answer on flashing these roms to my nexus running 4.2.2. If so does anyone have any suggestions on a good rom I should try. Thanks for the help!

I'm new to the nexus 7. I'm a long time user of the lg esteem and just got this nexus about a week ago. I'm rooted with twrp installed. I am running 4.2.2 and was wondering if any of the roms (especially CM10) is compatible with 4.2.2. Im reading up and not really finding a definitive answer on flashing these roms to my nexus running 4.2.2. If so does anyone have any suggestions on a good rom I should try. Thanks for the help!

you are asking if you can install 4.2.2 over aosp roms such as cm10? If so no dosnt work like that the devs that create the roms have to update their work with the 47 mb update. trust me google wont ever make an update to work with any aosp rom. if you want the update you need to be on stock rom.

you are asking if you can install 4.2.2 over aosp roms such as cm10? If so no dosnt work like that the devs that create the roms have to update their work with the 47 mb update. trust me google wont ever make an update to work with any aosp rom. if you want the update you need to be on stock rom.

That answers my question I think. I'm on stock 4.2.2 I was wondering if any of the Roms that are available now are flashable over what I am running now.

That answers my question I think. I'm on stock 4.2.2 I was wondering if any of the Roms that are available now are flashable over what I am running now.

you can still flash roms but it will not install over what you have see i had the lg esteem and used to be with you guys in there with L drifta pg mikey and others but i think your confusing the flash methods. regardless you have to re-root if u didnt preserve your root with ota root keeper then install twrp or cwm again to flash roms/mod/kernels. Just make a back up of that stock 4.2.2 your using and you can always revert back when you feel like it :D no biggie.

I'd suggest root and run Paranoid Android, it's probably one of the best and original ROMS out there, plus it's stable.

I'm running it on both my 7 and 4.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I'd suggest root and run Paranoid Android, it's probably one of the best and original ROMS out there, plus it's stable.

I'm running it on both my 7 and 4.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
could you pm me the lastest offical build link

Back
Top Bottom