• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello From Bonny Scotland...

I'm a 30 year old woman from Scotland and I just wanted to nip in to say hello to all my fellow Android users!

I'm a newbie to Android, I was an iPhone user since 2008 and had abit of a love/hate relationship with my phone. Sometimes I thought it was the best thing ever and other times I wanted to throw it in the bin! However if someone (mainly my Android using bf) said a bad word against my phone I would vehemently defend it.

I was due a phone upgrade this past August and held off waiting for the iPhone 5 and when it was finally announced to say it was a disappointment was putting it lightly. It was literally thinner and slightly longer than my iPhone 4...I had to ask myself the question "Is it time to move on to Android?"

I went to see what phones were on offer and was immediately drawn to the Samsung Galaxy S3 I just loved how it looked and the screen was just beautiful. I finally took the plunge and moved on from the restrictiveness of the iPhone and well I can honestly say I'm delighted with my choice.

Of course I get the horrified looks from friends who still use Apple (I was an uber Apple geek in the past) and they can't believe I've gone for "that big ugly phone". My reply is that I'm over Apple's all style and no substance approach, I want a phone that I can customize to suit me! I am no longer restricted.

So yeah..I'm sorry that got a little long but well I'm looking forward to getting the most out of the Android experience. I'm still learning but all I can say is that I'm loving the journey so far!

Welcome to the AF community GlamGlitterGal, nice name btw ;)

Hopefully we can assist you with any issues you have with your S3 and get you on your way to being a happy GlitterGal :D

Thanks again for joining!

Welcome, GlamGlitterGal!

I don't think I could agree with you more over android vs apple!

Enjoy your stay :D

Nope the weather is horrendous.

I'm glad I made the transition to Android my only problem with my phone today was the actual network. Damn you O2!

Back
Top Bottom