• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help editing the app drawer

behold_this

Android Expert
hey guys i recently edited the advanced launcher apk to theme the app drawer and a few other small things. the edits worked prefectly and i'm loving the new look except for one thing...the scrollbar in the app drawer! it is grey (of course) and i would like to change it to blue. i have looked and looked and can't find the file to change. is it even in the apk or does advanced laucher get the scrollbar from framework-res.apk? can someone point me in the right direction please?

assuming you're using 1.6 no twiz, yes it is in framework-res.apk > res > drawable > scrollbar_handle_(horizontal/vertical).9.png

assuming you're using 1.6 no twiz, yes it is in framework-res.apk > res > drawable > scrollbar_handle_(horizontal/vertical).9.png

Well, you asume wrong...just look at my device list, it clearly says 1.6 TOUCHWIZ! Plus I said I am editing ADVANCED LAUNCHER.

N-e-way...for twiz, the scrollbar is in the twlauncher.apk's drawable folder and labeled as "homescreen_scroll.9.png" this means nothing for my purposes as the twiz app drawer is seperate from the stock one. with vanilla android it is located in the framework-res.apk's drawable folder and labeled "scrollbar_handle_(horizontal/vertical).9.png".

i noticed while looking through these two folders there are files that exist in both folders (twlauncher & framework-res). For the most part they have the same file names but some have different images. the png files in the twlauncher seem to outweigh those in the framework and they are the ones that are displayed on the device. So the real question is...if I add the png files to advanced launcher drawable folder will it overwrite the framework or is this just wishful thinking, because i really don't feel like editing framework-res.apk?

sorry i didn't realize you were using twiz. lol neglected to read the devices part of your "profile," plus i was half awake when i posted my original response :(. i have the day off of work so i'll be tinkering around with my phone anyways, so if you don't want to try it on your phone, i honestly have no problem testing that theory on my phone, if you'd like. :)

Thanx man! Might just take you up on that (I'd do it myself but still minus a data cable temporarily). I'm not sure it will really work like I'm hoping, in fact I don't think it will but it's worth a shot. I just really wanted a standalone theme within the app, don't want people to have to mess with framework as well just to get the darn scroll bars a different color.

lol i understand. and no problem. i'll be getting started on that here in a few. just waitin for battery to charge a lil better while listenin to some new order just out of boredom lol. i'm on IRC if you want me to keep you updated there instead of bloating up this post :P got my xp computer ready to go next to my ubuntu computer for easy and quick swapping of the cable lol

Back
Top Bottom