• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help? Galaxy S3 (T999) won't boot.

robles4242

Hello. A buddy gave me a Samsung Galaxy s3 because its broke and he knows I like to tinker. It's a T Mobile T999 version. Its stuck on a bootloop of sorts. It'll start. Play noise and show a T Mobile LTE or 4G logobi forget exactly then keep looping. If I try recover mode it goes to a screen saying booting recovery, then goes back to the same screen and boot loops. I've tried all kinds of odin and firmware. Odin won't connect. I tried a tool that runs in a cmd type setup and it can't connect becaus of Debugging.

Is there any way I can get this s3 working again. I have a factory fastboot cable even of that'll help. I assume it needs firmware flashed. But everything I've tried in odin fails. Like its the wrong version firmware but I've tried every T999 I can find. The battery compartment is limited on information....

Can anyone help me get this booted up??
Thanks.

The difference between the t999 and t999 L is LTE. If you saw LTE in boot animation it might be t999L . Roms are different.

Oddly, It says t999 (T-Mobile) and if i take the backing off and look at the internals it says (i747) (at&t) but i got a download of the origional firmware for t999 T-mobile's 4.3 all 4 items: (BL, AP, Phone, and CSC) and flashed all 4 of them in odin and it failed, but i tried booting recovery and IT WORKED!! I factory Reset and it fired right up!

Im confused why it says t999 and inside it says i747 in about 3 places and the physical differences where the metal prongs are located match the i747 but it took to T-Mobile firmware, but it also says T-Mobile on the rear case....

Now can i UNLOCK it to goto Straight Talk?

Back
Top Bottom