• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help Hard Reset without the volume button its not working

B4mB4m

Lurker
Dec 6, 2012
i need help with a problem on the htc my touch 4g i wanted to hard reset the phone but when i turn it on and got it to the boot screen and when i try to use the volume button to move up and down it dont work but i know that it work cuase i had to use it to get into the booting menu to start with im like in a real jammer help me please

First off welcome to the forums!

I am moving this thread into the My Touch 4G forums, otherwise though, have you tried just taking out the battery leaving it out for a couple minutes then trying to boot into recovery again? Sometimes the buttons freeze up. Just have some patience.

If that doesn't work then you cannot factory reset without turning on your device and going to it in the Settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones