• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help how to increase the battery life

Hi I am a new member in this forum.
Recently I had bought a Sony Ericsson xperia mini pro. I had checked that all the features are pretty good but I had also noticed an abnormal drop in the battery power. I had switched off GPS, WiFi, 3g etc. But still the battery is dropping very frequently and I need to charge it in the mid of the day. I basically use internet and listen to songs. I had also installed a software from the android market to increase my battery life, but of no use. So is there any good software in the android market or some settings or anythings else to increase my battery life. Please suggest.

An important thing to keep in mind regarding loss of battery is most heavily impacted by poor or fluctuating reception. With this being the case, can you please advise what the reception is like where you are using the phone?

An important thing to keep in mind regarding loss of battery is most heavily impacted by poor or fluctuating reception. With this being the case, can you please advise what the reception is like where you are using the phone?

Yes, my network reception varies. Also I have checked some of the settings and have seen that my data enable option was on. I switched that off. Also I switched off the background data option which does any type of background jobs from support then tools then battery saver. Now I am getting 1.5 to 2 days of battery backup.

Nicely done, internet usage can impact your battery life considerably, even more so when you have fluctuating signal. Glad you managed to get some more life out of the battery. :)

I agree, the screen brightness and timeout make a huge difference. Leaving WiFi nenabled is negligable in comparison (I lost only 7% overnight with WiFi on).

30 second timeout and 10% brightness when not plugged in seems to be doing well for me right now, I might try 15 seconds. I have Tasker dim the brightness to 0 when the battery reaches 15% also.

I've now installed a battery widget to show remaining power (as a %) on the homescreen.

It's telling me that display is easily taking half of all my battery power (although I haven't made many calls today).

I'm now running with the display set to just under half way along the slider and legibility is fine - and battery life is MUCH better.

Back
Top Bottom