• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help: Juice Defender Status Bar Icon

shaggylouie

May 11, 2010
I have Juice Defender Ultimate and so far i think its good. The only thing that's bugging me is the little status bar icon. The JD website has instructions on how to hide the icon, but that "hide" option doesn't exist on my version.

Anybody know how to "hide" this icon?

I just have the free one, but for me I go to status scroll down a little bit and it says notification and the option to enable or disable.

Yeah the enable and disable options are there, but it says disabling notifications might cause android to close the application

Did you disable this? And have you had any problems with android closing the app?

Thanks for your reply!

Upvote 0
Yeah the enable and disable options are there, but it says disabling notifications might cause android to close the application

Did you disable this? And have you had any problems with android closing the app?

Thanks for your reply!

I don't often use juice defender but when I do I always take off the notification icon and have never had any problems.

Upvote 0

Thanks for your reply!

Android doesn't consider a task to be "running" unless it is an ongoing task in the notification bar. This means that the if the device runs low on memory, and you have the notification disabled, the system could decide to close JuiceDefender.

There are two routes you can take.

1. Disable the notification anyway, we have 1 GB of ram to play with, I doubt you will have troubles.

2. Choose to have no icon (I do this with tasker as well) this way, there is information when I pull down the notification bar, but no icon getting in the way.

Upvote 0
Android doesn't consider a task to be "running" unless it is an ongoing task in the notification bar. This means that the if the device runs low on memory, and you have the notification disabled, the system could decide to close JuiceDefender.

There are two routes you can take.

1. Disable the notification anyway, we have 1 GB of ram to play with, I doubt you will have troubles.

2. Choose to have no icon (I do this with tasker as well) this way, there is information when I pull down the notification bar, but no icon getting in the way.

Thanks. I would prefer option number 2, but I might try disabling the notification. I can't figure out how to remove the icon - any help with that? (I should know this since I can't seem to put down my phone):D

BTW - over 16 hours yesterday with at least 25% left. Yeah, this app helps.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I would prefer option number 2, but I might try disabling the notification. I can't figure out how to remove the icon - any help with that? (I should know this since I can't seem to put down my phone):D

BTW - over 16 hours yesterday with at least 25% left. Yeah, this app helps.

It may be a feature available only in the beta? on the first configuration page under notification I have graphical, text, disabled as my options for type (disabled makes it not an ongoing service) but then right under that I have an option to hide the notification icon and to turn on quickbox.

I also use JD Ultimate.

Upvote 0
It may be a feature available only in the beta? on the first configuration page under notification I have graphical, text, disabled as my options for type (disabled makes it not an ongoing service) but then right under that I have an option to hide the notification icon and to turn on quickbox.

I also use JD Ultimate.

It must be beta. I'm using the regular free app to run it with Ultimate and I am not presented with that option. Bummer.

Upvote 0
If I switch to beta, will my ultimate settings stay the same or will I have to start all over? Thanks again - much appreciated

I'll be honest, I don't know. But you can back up your current settings, and then if you don't like the beta you can switch back to the regular version and import your backed up settings.

Reactions: shaggylouie
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones