• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help, plz. Troubles trying to root

my4skcg

Lurker
I'm trying to root my Samsung Transform 2.2.2 FROYO EB28. I believe I am following the directions in the GUIDE to a T. I even had someone else step through it with me several times. I'm also following the utube vid, ‪How To Root The Samsung Transform M920!‬‏ - YouTube

I've installed the software, I've put the recover.tar in the proper location deleting the other file, I've put vampirefo 2.0.8 kernal on my sd card at location "sdcard/sdx/zip" (really, is sdcard part of the directory path or is it just "sdx/zip" on the sdcard?)

During the download software stage, I do not get the messages on the screen ...
BootUpdateFlag=1
Copy Phone Image ...

and so on.

I have not bricked my phone, it still works, but I don't think I have installed either. I've definitely done something though, cuz it is acting flaky and slow since working on this.

Please, if you can help me figure this out I would SO appreciate it.
Thank you,
Marion

WOW, no one has any advice or suggestions to offer? No one has experienced this same issue?

I guess I will try doing a hard reset on my phone, then start the process all over. I can't think of anything else.

Back
Top Bottom