• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help somebody with porn

Rgarner

Android Expert
I'm trying to help somebody get porn on his phone. When he goes to the website it does some age verification bs. He gives it his email address and it sends a code, but when the code is typed in it goes all wrong. For example, if it's 123456 it puts 651234 or something that way. I'm trying to figure out how to fix it. Is there maybe a safe search thing that could be shut off or lessened?
 
Doesn't sound like safe search: that's purely a function of the search ending that restricts search results it displays, not something that interferes with a website once you've found it. So the first things that occur to me are something messed-up with the website or a problem (perhaps site-specific) with the browser.

So the first thing I'd try would be clearing the browser app's cache, while the second would be trying a different browser.
 
old-man-face-palm-jh6ga05fafldr5vk.gif
 
Ha ha that's great. I'm nowhere near 90. For the record, I don't like porn, goo, and many other things, but somehow I end up being the go to for people who are having problems with tech. That's hilarious considering how little I really know about this stuff, which is of course why I ask you guys. Getting back to the main question, this objectionable material was on chrome. I tried duckduckgo with the same result. I suspect it might have something to do with a worldwide crackdown on easy access. It would appear that unsupervised juveniles with nothing to do are looking at what bothers their elders, and they are attempting to save the little darlings. That still doesn't explain why the site itself would enter the code erroneously. I checked it more than once and typed it properly. Why would it scramble that?
 
I didn't mention that he is planning to take the phone to the carrier in order to have it "fixed" for maybe $20 or more. I have tried to explain to him that it would probably be useless, to no avail. Incidentally, it's a 2026 Moto G.
 
I read the OP as wanting to get porn ONTO a phone. That's the easy part! It's getting rid of all that crap afterwards that's the trick because those websites have a habit of following you around and bothering you forever. Of course, porn companies WANT easy access and will make it very difficult to opt out. If it's kids wanting to see things their hormones are screaming about, clearing browser cache and stuff won't stop them. They'll get to it if they want because they don't even need to go to a website: all they have to do is turn Safe Search OFF and just gaze at the search results without clicking on anything.*

*- (at least that's what I read on the Internet, I wouldn't know for sure)
 
That may be, but this thing is definitely demanding something before it shows anything. I have followed Hadron's advice, clearing cache for both chrome and duckduckgo. I don't know why it messes up its own code as it's being entered.
 
Back
Top Bottom