• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with brand new Dell Streak 2.2 WiFi "Error" message

tgt2e

Lurker
Hey everybody,

First post here. I posted in the dell forums but haven't gotten a response so I'm looking for some help here. I've got a brand new Dell Streak running 2.2 (from the factory) and when I try to turn the WiFi on it just reads "Error." I've tried turning the phone on and off numerous times and every time I try to turn the WiFi on it still reads "Error." All help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Well I finally got around to calling Dell support. They told me that the Streaks were rushed out so they have both OS 1.6 and 2.2 on them so apparently errors will pop up occasionally. They advised me to do a factory reset, but it didn't solve the issue so they are now sending me a new device. The thing that worries me is that the first guy I talked to said that since they have both 1.6 and 2.2 on them, the different versions will be fighting for control and errors will occasionally pop up. Makes me rethink keeping the phone.

I would go in and use the QDL tool and flash your phone to the unlocked 2.2. that will completely delete everything else on the phone so you wont have to worry about 1.6 fighting for it. that is if your new phone comes with the 1.6 on it

Back
Top Bottom