• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with Google Spreadsheet API

Hello,

I am in a group that has been assigned to build an android app for our senior project. None of us have any skills in Java or app development. We started last month and our mentor has a very fast deadline so we have been "learning" as we go and basically using online tutorials to create it - we don't have much time to sit and try to understand the code until later which is not ideal but is what it is.

I am tasked with pulling data that has already been sent to a google spreadsheet, and turning it into graphs/charts for the user to see. I am having trouble trying to bring the data back - I followed along a few tutorials, but if I try to change the script at all, it breaks down and I am not knowledgable enough to fix it. Tutorials are either old and no longer supported, have the data input in the same part (we have already accomplished this on a different page in the app), or have additional stuff we don't need (like the Google Spreadsheet tutorial - it wants the user to log into their google email to see the data).

Does anyone know of any simple tutorials that just purely pull the data back? It seems like each one I try either doesn't work or is way more complex than we need. Preferably I would like to learn java from the ground up without the rush, but unfortunately that isn't possible at this time.

Back
Top Bottom