• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help With Making Calls PLEASE!!!!

mello35

Hey guys im at witts end with this phone. Im about to either destroy it or just throw it away. Recently im having the issue that when ever im making a call it doesn't dial it just ends the call before even connecting. In order for me to make a call I have to restart the phone every time and it been very annoying. Could someone please help me with a solution ive been looking for one and have given up, I may be looking in the wrong places.
Thanks

Sounds like a job for Factory Restore or good time to try rooting and custom rom.

You don't have any weird dialer apps or an app that would interface with the dialer? You can try to install a third party dialer app and reset defaults to see if that works but that jut seems to be adding a band-aid.

Other thought is that you have too much stuff going on memory wise and the dialer craps out.

You may have some other app that is interfering.

Yesterday I was experimenting with the phones permissions by disabling some of them using "App Ops Starter". Doing this can really mess up your phone if you're not careful. After turning off some permissions, I was unable to send out txt messages, and the "mobile Data" toggle in the notifications area would turn off the mobile data, but would not turn it back on. I would have to turn the phone off then on to get the data to start working again.

I had to go back and re-enable some permissions in order to get text messaging and the mobile data toggle to work again.

A factory reset would probably have worked too, but this way I didn't loose any data.

Thanks for the info. I think I may have to do what I don't want to......a factory reset, as for my apps it could be an app interfering with the dialer that I do not know about, but if it comes to the reset then so be it. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom