• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with phone

bg1287

Need a few opinons on what Boost phone I should go with... the S3 or the LG Volt? There is pros and cons about both of them.

Well the s3 is the better phone all around. Better screen better camera 2gb of ram compared to 1 on the lg more internal memory 16gb compared to 8. The only advantages the volt has over the s3 is it supports sprint spark lte and has a bigger battery. But device wise its not even really close the s3 is the better device.

Yeah that's pretty much what I figured. But, there is no Enhanced LTE in my area right now, so that really doesn't matter then.

One big advantage the LG Volt has over the S3, however, is the price tag. You can purchase the Volt for 150 bucks at Best Buy, where as the S3 is 300. :eek:

the S3's 1.5 GH processor I'm sure is pretty hefty and no problems with lag. my current phone has the same and I never have any issues with lag or anything like that what so ever, even with not clearing any memory or data. The phones I've had with a 1.2 GH processor seemed to be slow after awhile. But, it could have been the phones. who knows.

Much better accessories for the S3 like cases and stuff. I use wireless charging all the time with mine.

Yeah that's pretty much what I figured. But, there is no Enhanced LTE in my area right now, so that really doesn't matter then.

One big advantage the LG Volt has over the S3, however, is the price tag. You can purchase the Volt for 150 bucks at Best Buy, where as the S3 is 300. :eek:

the S3's 1.5 GH processor I'm sure is pretty hefty and no problems with lag. my current phone has the same and I never have any issues with lag or anything like that what so ever, even with not clearing any memory or data. The phones I've had with a 1.2 GH processor seemed to be slow after awhile. But, it could have been the phones. who knows.

The 400 processor in the volt is ok. It doesnt run anywhere near as smooth as it does in the moto g motorola really nailed that one but it runs decent in the volt. I think some of the problem is the g runs almost stock kit kat as where lg loaded the volt with the full version of there optimus u.i. its the same version you see in the g2. It tends to make it have a slight stutter here and there especially loading multiple apps and multitasking where the g with the same set up flies thru everything. The s4 processor in the galaxy s3 is a good performer and the 2 gb of ram is a major added bonus to it. Its not perfect and its deff not the 801 thats found in the s5 but it is a better overall performer with the 2gb of ram than the 400 chipset in the volt.

If your looking for the best handset for the cheapest price id recommend the moto g over the volt unless you must have lte. Id prolly recommend the g over the s3. For the price its by far the best value. If you must have lte the next best handset is the s3.

Yeah, I have to have LTE. After being spoiled by my prepaid At&t galaxy express LTE service, LTE is a must for me

The 400 processor in the volt is ok. It doesnt run anywhere near as smooth as it does in the moto g motorola really nailed that one but it runs decent in the volt. I think some of the problem is the g runs almost stock kit kat as where lg loaded the volt with the full version of there optimus u.i. its the same version you see in the g2. It tends to make it have a slight stutter here and there especially loading multiple apps and multitasking where the g with the same set up flies thru everything. The s4 processor in the galaxy s3 is a good performer and the 2 gb of ram is a major added bonus to it. Its not perfect and its deff not the 801 thats found in the s5 but it is a better overall performer with the 2gb of ram than the 400 chipset in the volt.

yeah, I'll stick with the S3 lol

I hear ya. If your comin from the express then the s3 will be the best choice to. Same processor just with an extra gig of ram on the s3. Screens alot better on the s3 to.

Yeah, I'd love to get it for a cheaper price like that. But I honestly would rather have the phone in my hand and see there's nothing wrong with it, brand new, as opposed to buying it and it maybe being messed up. Phones to me are kind of iffy buying online

Back
Top Bottom