• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROMs Help with porting roms, LG Leon MS345

aurey2244

I really need help porting roms, i've been trying to port the pacman rom to this device, it installs in twrp with no problems but still soft bricks my phone, any help on this subject? Has anyone ever ported roms by just switching a few things in the rom being ported?

lmao :rolleyes:, ig i should've done that one a long time ago, well the specs arent good really, i have a chromebook which runs a quad-core mali processor which is arm, wish i had intel instead, I'm running kubuntu 14.10 on it and have adb and fastboot tools installed as well. Would you like a copy of the pacman rom i tried to port!? I mean its insane, like everything installs just fine with no errors, like as if i installed the cm12.1 rom, but then when i reboot it just soft bricks and bootloops. This rom i really wanted to try, and thanks for the response ur so awesome :D. And also one more question, does this phone have support for fastboot mode, i've tried everything from dd'ing my download mode to my boot.img and nothing seems to work. Looked everywhere but no answers:confused:

Tried porting the Carbon rom too, did the same, could it be that i'm just using the wrong custom rom to port

just tried porting bliss rom and slimrom, both install correct it seems, no errors but when i restart, just soft bricks, could it be this whole time that it does this due to me using the wrong gapps?

just tried porting bliss rom and slimrom, both install correct it seems, no errors but when i restart, just soft bricks, could it be this whole time that it does this due to me using the wrong gapps?
Are you bootlooping to recovery or it just sitting at LG (or other) splash screen?

If it was to recovery I could've helped.

Did you (probably already did) wipe your cache and dalvik?
As far as the wrong gapps, no. Play Store and Services wouldn't run or they'd just Force Close.

If it was to recovery I could've helped.

Did you (probably already did) wipe your cache and dalvik?
As far as the wrong gapps, no. Play Store and Services wouldn't run or they'd just Force Close.

Yeah I did do that, I don't know what happened, wish it was easier, is there a manual way to port them? Maybe I've been doing it won't the whole time! Do u know how to do it correctly?

No :( that's why I was reading your thread, to see if anybody had an answer yet
Well you know it's alright, as long as people make attempts, ik the community can come together and help make this phone excellent!! If you want I'll pm you how to do it in the guides and give an idea where to start to help, wr have alot of ppl ready to help us

Well you know it's alright, as long as people make attempts, ik the community can come together and help make this phone excellent!! If you want I'll pm you how to do it in the guides and give an idea where to start to help, wr have alot of ppl ready to help us
Sure or post it here for everyone to see. I'm trying to get into the developing side, slowly but surely. I'm on LS660/Tribute now, but end of week will be on LS740/Volt. I have some minor resources already. Looking forward to advancing that knowledge.
So yes, post that info. :):)

Sure or post it here for everyone to see. I'm trying to get into the developing side, slowly but surely. I'm on LS660/Tribute now, but end of week will be on LS740/Volt. I have some minor resources already. Looking forward to advancing that knowledge.
So yes, post that info. :):)
Alright, give me some time as to try and get good stuff, I've been out for awhile because my chrome book crashed and I had to reformat everything, including my work.:eek: so now I've got to install Ubuntu, adb, and everything else back on it, suckz to b me ig;)

The last rom I fully ported was Slimbean for HTC One V. Strict port of the GSM rom to CDMA variant of the device. Was a task to be sure. Not sure how much help I would actually be. My port was within a narrow ramge really. Was not from one device type to another. Was within the device family all except the difference being one was gsm and the other cdma. I think you might be better off doing a straight build for your device versus attempts at porting. It's filled with pitfalls and sometimes ends up in unresolvable problems between hardware and software types.

Does this phone have support for fastboot mode, i've tried everything from dd'ing my download mode to my boot.img and nothing seems to work. Looked everywhere but no answers:confused:

Should be something like this

First backup your laf partiton
Code:
dd if=/dev/laf of=/sdcard/lafbackup.bin

To enable fastboot, delete the laf partition
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/laf

To be safe and make sure the partition exists, from terminal (recovery or in android(w/root)) enter
Code:
ls /dev/laf

General Disclaimer:
I will not be responsible if using these commands brick your device or cause you to win the lottery.

I really need help porting roms, i've been trying to port the pacman rom to this device, it installs in twrp with no problems but still soft bricks my phone, any help on this subject? Has anyone ever ported roms by just switching a few things in the rom being ported?
Also you have to tmrequst permission to develop/port the devs roms to your device most likely they want you to make it yourself

Should be something like this

First backup your laf partiton
Code:
dd if=/dev/laf of=/sdcard/lafbackup.bin

To enable fastboot, delete the laf partition
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/laf

To be safe and make sure the partition exists, from terminal (recovery or in android(w/root)) enter
Code:
ls /dev/laf

General Disclaimer:
I will not be responsible if using these commands brick your device or cause you to win the lottery.
I'll tell ya how it goes lol

I c, so is it even worth trying anymore then? because i dont have the tools to build a pacman rom for this device from scratch
Im not meaning it that way im.just saying that requsting permission to do that is before porting a current rom to your device that is already built for another device its a suggestion that asking the dev is great way showing tale t

Back
Top Bottom