• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with stock email app

candroid11

Sep 21, 2011
I'm trying to set up my university email account. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't possible because my school uses very outdated software for all of their online stuff. The email client the school uses is called Birch. It looks like it was released in 1994 and never updated. But anyways, I'm trying to sync this with the email application on my phone. When I type in the info it asks what kind of account this is, and provides 3 options. I have no idea what it is, but I have tried all 3 and none of them work. Maybe there is a different email application that will work properly with Birch?

In case it might help, the university I study at/soon to be teaching at is Brock University in Canada.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones