• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with t-mobile!?

yoi174

Lurker
Hey, so I have a nexus 5 running on the 30 dollar unlimited data plan from tmobile. The plan says its "unlimited" but only includes 5gb 4g LTE data. I was wondering if the data would be still deducted if I changed my perfered network on my nexus from 4g LTE - 2g so I am only getting 2g speeds. Even though I shouldn't be using up any of my high-speed data, my data usage on the T-Mobile website still says I'm using 4g data!? What's going on!?!?

Hi! Welcome.
I'm moving your thread over to the T-mobile forum since your question is carrier related.

I am not certain about this, but I believe T-mobile states that the first 5GB of data you use will be permitted at 4G speeds (even if you "throttle" it at your end). Hopefully other users on this forum can help with your question.

I am not certain about this, but I believe T-mobile states that the first 5GB of data you use will be permitted at 4G speeds (even if you "throttle" it at your end).

That sounds about right to me. I would suggest calling T-Mobile to confirm though. I would expect them to say something along the lines of them providing 4G data for the amount of data purchased under the contract whether the consumer throttles it on their end or not. That being the case, it wouldn't make sense to throttle it on your end if you are still being dinged for the 4G usage.

^ What they said. :D

The $30/mo plan (and all the others, really) offers the availability of high-speed data access. Your data usage still get counted against your high-speed allotment regardless of your actual connection speed - whether you throttle yourself or are in an EDGE-only coverage area, you still only get 5GB before getting throttled by the carrier side.

Back
Top Bottom