• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with unlocking screen

Alia84

Lurker
Can someone tell me how to unlock my screen using only my fingerprint? I keep trying to set this up but every time my screen needs unlocking it asks for my pin. It will unlock without my pin if I use my fingerprint but I can't seem to get rid of the pin unlock screen. Is it even possible?

Hold your finger over the home button. It will unlock once it reads your fingerprint properly. You don't need to swipe on the screen or whatever. What I do is when I pick up the phone, I press the home button to wake it up, but don't remove the finger from the button. It just unlocks.

Yeah it works I was just curious if the screen that has the option to put in my pin is still supposed to show up. I'm attaching a pic of what I mean.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161210-062234.png
    Screenshot_20161210-062234.png
    930.4 KB · Views: 114
That's normal. Although I rarely see that. You have to swipe the screen first before that. It's there just in case your fingerprint isn't available, like if you're wearing a glove, or you need someone to check something on the phone for you.

Back
Top Bottom