• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hey, hey! Back to T-Mobile!

LoopyD

Android Enthusiast
I'm finally a T-Mo user again. I have the LG L90 D415 and boy does CM11 run buttery smooth. :)The only question I have with this phone is I can get 4G, but LTE seems to be nonexistent in the settings on the stock ROM. Eh? I thought this was an LTE compatible phone?

I love the cheap rate plans. And better signal coverage than MetroPCS means I can use Hangouts in town to at least chat, which is fairly nice. 2G comes in at 56k speeds here. :/ In case you where wondering, rural areas are a bad idea for high end smartphones. I have to go down the road a mile or so to use 4G.

Stateside unlimited international calling is NICE! Calls I make to my buddy's cell in the UK go through for free.

I think T-Mobile may have confused you with their use of the term "4G" - they use that to include any advanced data connectivity like HSDPA, not just LTE.

Based on the D415 specs, it looks like the phone does not support LTE - only the 4G-ish HSDPA:
Frequencies: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS Bands 2/4/5*
Data Transmission: GPRS Class 12, UMTS (W-CDMA), EDGE, HSDPA*

Very very bummer, much bummer, although as mentioned due to my service area, 4G LTE really is not an option. I prefer slower data speeds anyway to keep my data under control, since I only get 1 GB a month currently, and am on credit, so will be charged for extra?

(hence the question mark)

And that is quite ew. It is bad enough my GSM coverage is so slow, it might clock at 56kbps. In my area, the towers are a bit glitchy. I have to lock to GSM to register on the network, then I can bump it to WCDMA / HSDPA. Is this common for LG phones? I never had to do this on my Samsung...

It always seems to be when coming off of WiFi that I have that issue. I connect to WiFi a lot to save data (plus, obviously, it's faster).

Back
Top Bottom