• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Congrats on the new phone koolaid_kid. Better late than never as for hopping onto the smartphone train. Welcome aboard. We do have a discussion / support area for your phone that should prove all informative and helpful for your adjustment. I hope you will check it out. The friendly members there love their phone and enjoy talking it. Here is a link: HTC EVO 4G - Android Forums
Have fun with your new phone... it's going to wow you. :) Thanks for joining and using these forums.

Upvote 0
Thanks, folk.
olbriar, I am over there now, reading "ROOTING for Dummies".
I have a few days before the phone arrives, and, if I understand things correctly, it would be best if I rooted prior to doing anything else.
I have a 32 GB microSDHC card for it sitting in the drawer, so I hope the rooting experience will be short and sweet.

Upvote 0
Rooting is a choice not a must. Most do prefer rooting their Android devices... There is no prize for the quickest root. :) Take your time and know your path well before proceeding.
Have fun with your phone no matter which path you choose. Thanks again for using these forums and have fun as a member.
LOL. Thanks for the warning, olbriar.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones