• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hiding root status is safe or not?

The mobile banking apps couldn't be downloaded to rooted devices. So some apps like Magisk Manager will help to hide the root status from those apps and download it anyway. I would like to know this method is safe or not? Because they restricted the rooted devices for a reason. Even though its ability to hide it from the app its couldn't change the fact that it is a rooted device.

So can someone please explain to me this situation?

What do you mean by "safe"?

If a device is rooted then user-installed apps can run with admin privileges. This means for example that another app can access the banking app's data - that's why they regard this as a security risk and won't run if they detect that the phone is rooted.

Rooting is double-edged as far as security goes. It gives you more capabilities & more control, so if you know what you are doing you can add protections you couldn't without it. But it also bypasses some built-in protections, and if you are careless and install some malware it can do things it wouldn't otherwise be able to. Personally I'd say that if you are not knowledgeable about this stuff and prepared to be vigilant (one or other by itself is not enough) you are safer not rooting.

Back
Top Bottom