• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Home button and lockscreen not working HELP

Recently the home button and my lockscreen on my S2 has kind of stopped working. For the home button, it still vibrates when I press it, but it doesn't do any action. If I long press to view all the windows I have open, I only get one pulse and can't view all my windows to "properly" exit out. When I have apps open and press the home button, I don't get directed the homescreen. The other buttons, however, still work.

For the lockscreen, it just doesn't work. I have a pattern lock and when I start my phone, it just doesn't appear. I get directed to the homescreen.

I'm not sure this has anything to do with the lockscreen (I doubt it), but when I hold the power button, I only have two options that appear (power off and restart). There's suppose to be four (sound and airplane mode) but they don't appear.

Please keep in mind I'm fairly new to smartphone stuff and this one is my first one. Thanks in advanced for any help!

Back
Top Bottom