• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Home button settings??

John I

I noticed the S5 comes on in my pocket when I bend over or crouch because the Home button is getting pushed. This never happened on my S3. What's worse is it does not realize its in my pocket and I hear all kinds of buttons being pushed each time!

Any way to disable turning the screen on from the Home button? Also, I thought it could detect being in a pocket? Can that be turned on and off?

Any help would be appreciated.

I noticed the S5 comes on in my pocket when I bend over or crouch because the Home button is getting pushed. This never happened on my S3. What's worse is it does not realize its in my pocket and I hear all kinds of buttons being pushed each time!

Any way to disable turning the screen on from the Home button? Also, I thought it could detect being in a pocket? Can that be turned on and off?

Any help would be appreciated.

I've noticed this too. I set my phone to lock after pressing the power button, and I push the power button before the phone goes into my pocket. Usually takes care of that issue.

I did have the problem with my S3, but using the power button to lock the screen always works for me on both phones.

I always use the power button to lock before putting it in my pocket. Problem is that it comes on from the slightest pressure against my leg on the fabric.

Do you use a lock screen? I guess this could potentially be happening to me, but since I have the pattern security setting, it never gets any further than the screen turning on and then timing out.

Back
Top Bottom