• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Home] Screen won't rotate with the phone? [And brightness FC]

missemz

Lurker
Samsung Acclaim; USCC

Up until today (have had the phone for ~4 days now) the home screen would rotate to landscape if I turned the phone. Now the home screen will only rotate sideways through apps/widgets, etc. and if the physical keyboard is open.

If I open the keyboard, the screen rotates, and when I close the keyboard, it rotates back, which is rather frustrating :(

As long as I'm at it, my brightness-adjust setting force closes on me, and it worked before I installed "QuickSettings," however I uninstalled it, and it still force closes. Not a huge deal, since I'm okay with the level it's at, but I'd still like to know how to fix this.

I've restarted the phone when I noticed each of these problems, but to no avail.

Thank you in advance for anyone who can help me!

By design, the phone's view will not rotate from portrait to landscape unless the keyboard is open or if an application, such as 'Browser' controls it.

An application can defeat a service, as it appears QuickSettings has. Unfortunately, not all applications cleanly uninstall. You may have to perform a Factory Data Reset (found in Settings > Privacy) to regain that functionality. Back up your contacts before doing so.

Samsung Acclaim; USCC

Up until today (have had the phone for ~4 days now) the home screen would rotate to landscape if I turned the phone. Now the home screen will only rotate sideways through apps/widgets, etc. and if the physical keyboard is open.

If I open the keyboard, the screen rotates, and when I close the keyboard, it rotates back, which is rather frustrating :(

As long as I'm at it, my brightness-adjust setting force closes on me, and it worked before I installed "QuickSettings," however I uninstalled it, and it still force closes. Not a huge deal, since I'm okay with the level it's at, but I'd still like to know how to fix this.

I've restarted the phone when I noticed each of these problems, but to no avail.

Thank you in advance for anyone who can help me!
if you have a my touch 4g from tmobile just go to settings then display and hold on to auto rotate screen for about 10 or 15 seconds and then let go and it should work cause i had the same problem with my (my touch 4g) and it worked so if you have that phone or anybody else who reads this it should work so hope it works for you

THANK YOU

Back
Top Bottom