• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HORRIBLE battery life due to Android system...

androidlover9

Android Enthusiast
Recently, I have been having really poor battery life on my phone... The reason could be the battery aging rapidly, but Android system seems to be a huge issue as well... Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-18-12-44-46.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-18-12-44-46.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 75
Recently, I have been having really poor battery life on my phone... The reason could be the battery aging rapidly, but Android system seems to be a huge issue as well... Any help would be appreciated.

Those numbers look quite reasonable to me. I just checked my G3 and my android usage is 25%. The rest of the numbers look reasonable also. I'm not a real heavy user, but I'm lucky to get 2 full days on a full charge, and its been that way from day 1.

If your battery is not holding a charge (note there is no indicator to show that), you probably need a new one.

My S3 is currently showing 19% for Android OS and 13% for Android System so I tend to think your battery life issue might be due to something else. How old is your battery? If you haven't replaced it recently keep in mind that after a couple of years it's not out of the ordinary for lithium batteries to start aging. Mine is about that old now and while it's still holding a charge more or less the same as always I don't expect it to stay that way forever.

My S3 is currently showing 19% for Android OS and 13% for Android System so I tend to think your battery life issue might be due to something else. How old is your battery? If you haven't replaced it recently keep in mind that after a couple of years it's not out of the ordinary for lithium batteries to start aging. Mine is about that old now and while it's still holding a charge more or less the same as always I don't expect it to stay that way forever.

About 2 years old, same length as the phone's age.

my S3 is about 2 years old as well and has lately been draining rapidly. i have it in power saving mode, wifi is off unless i'm somewhere i can use it continually, location is off as well as the screen display set to auto. i can unplug it from a 100% charge and lose 2-3% just from unplugging it. i hope it's just the battery dying but i'd hate to buy a new one and have it do the same thing.

my S3 is about 2 years old as well and has lately been draining rapidly. i have it in power saving mode, wifi is off unless i'm somewhere i can use it continually, location is off as well as the screen display set to auto. i can unplug it from a 100% charge and lose 2-3% just from unplugging it. i hope it's just the battery dying but i'd hate to buy a new one and have it do the same thing.

Mine drops to 98% literally seconds after unplugging it.

I'd suggest you should buy a new battery.

Here's how batteries charge -

Once at full charge, the indicator shows 100% and charging stops. The phone continues to run off of the battery - it never runs directly from the charger.

At around 96% charging begins again and when it hits 100% the cycle repeats until you unplug it.

After the initial instant that it goes to 100%, updating the charge percentage is a low priority - and is thereafter not accurate while charging.

Once you take the phone off of the charger, it takes a few minutes to settle and present an accurate battery readout.

The battery isn't losing a few percent over seconds or minutes - it wasn't there to be lost.

Everything with this battery technology works the same way.

This has led to no end of misunderstanding, charging and calibration myths, and unnecessary battery replacements.

Judge the health of your battery by its overall performance, not at the top or bottom of the charge state, for best results.

Back
Top Bottom