• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hot Phone... literally

digger44

Does anyone think that their phone gets much hotter than it should? I often find myself almost doing a double-take with the heat of this thing when I pick it up.

I don't know that it's only the screen either! I do know that heat = power, and I struggle getting through a day, battery-wise, with GPS off and little or no phone usage. I've had the phone since the 18th, so I think the battery's broken in by now.

I have noticed that sometimes after my 20 minute drive home from work (I listen to podcasts with Google Listen) I'll pick up my phone and it's way too warm.

Weird.

Yeah, but only while charging. Check out the BatteryLife widget. In advanced settings, you can set it to show your temp so you can keep track of it/compare.

Mine gets very hot after using the camcorder for maybe 5 min, or talk on the phone for more then 10 minutes. ... Or play robot defense game for 15 min...

The temperature can shoot up to 110

Aye, she gets a little warm but never hot you weenies. It has a metal battery cover. Of course you're going to feel it heat up when it's doing something CPU/GPU intensive.

I think alot of the heat is a result of holding the phone, thus not allowing the heat to dissapate. I can stream pandora for hours with the phone sitting on my desk and it doesn't get hot.

Today after using th gps on the way to work the thing got so hot I didnt want to put it in my pocket. Then I set it down inside on a table. Checked on it a little while later was still super hot. So hot I was afraid my phone was going to get damaged. So I restarted it and it quickly cooled down. Something was stuck on, and was overheating it.

Back