• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I switch to a different Google Drive account?

T C

Can someone please tell me how to switch to a different Google Drive account on my phone? A similar question was asked about five years ago here, but the answer posted there doesn't work for me.

To elaborate, I have two accounts registered on my Android phone. Let's call them A and B. When I open Google Drive, I see the Google Drive files associated with Account A, but not those associated with Account B. I can't figure out how to switch over to Account B.

-TC

1. Open the Google drive app.
2. On the top right, you will see your profile picture.
3. Click on it.
4. You will get a list of your other Google accounts.
5. Choose whichever you like.

Shubh1ghosh,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I think maybe there is something wrong with my phone because it just doesn't behave the way people say it should. In this case, there simply isn't a profile picture in the top right of the screen (or anywhere else).

The other post says that when I click on the three horizontal lines in the top left, I should see a menu (which I do), and the menu should show the name of the account I'm using and allow me to switch to a different account. But the menu doesn't show me any account name.

I don't know why my phone should behave differently than anyone else's. I'm using Android Version 7.1.1 just as it came out of the box. I haven't customized it in any way. (Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't know how.)

-TC

Shubh1ghosh,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I think maybe there is something wrong with my phone because it just doesn't behave the way people say it should. In this case, there simply isn't a profile picture in the top right of the screen (or anywhere else).

The other post says that when I click on the three horizontal lines in the top left, I should see a menu (which I do), and the menu should show the name of the account I'm using and allow me to switch to a different account. But the menu doesn't show me any account name.

I don't know why my phone should behave differently than anyone else's. I'm using Android Version 7.1.1 just as it came out of the box. I haven't customized it in any way. (Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't know how.)

-TC

Can you post a screenshot? Maybe we will understand what you are seeing.

Shubh1ghosh,

You fixed it!

While I was preparing to post a screenshot, I realized that there is a circle in the top-right of the screen. It is difficult to see because it is a white circle on a white background, with only an off-white border as evidence that it is there. I never noticed it before. In any case, when I tapped on it, I was given the option to change accounts. Judging from your earlier instructions, I guess that circle is where my profile picture is supposed to be.

Anyway, problem solved. Thanks for the help.

-TC

Back
Top Bottom