• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do evaluate my battery on Xperia Mini Pro

2use

Lurker
Just bought a one month old phone xperia mini pro. Person claims it is as new. Looks as new, everything works - but the battery is hard to understand - should it last for a day when i use the phone for a total of 2hours in that period? About 20 sms, not more than 30 mins talking on loud speaker, about 25 minutes of youtube video via wifi and leaving it for some hours with wifi on as well; playing around and arranging shortcuts - about 30 minutes, music player - 30 minutes. Brightness - 50%, screen turn off - 10 seconds. Maybe something else but probably not that much consuming. Any ideas? Is this a normal strength of the battery or is it bad? (i thought the battery would be enough for a 90 min video at least - but 25 minutes of video ate 7%-10% of it)

I would say thats normal for any smart phone. Thats quite a lot of use. Speaker phone will use more, leaving wifi on will use more You tube uses a fair amount and a 30 mon conversation and playing with the phone I would say thats pretty good. A laptop will only last 2 to 3 hours on full use.

The phone's able to play flash content, meaning that lots of enregy for processing (mine is always getting warm while loading youtube) But that's normal

Just bought a one month old phone xperia mini pro. Person claims it is as new. Looks as new, everything works - but the battery is hard to understand - should it last for a day when i use the phone for a total of 2hours in that period? About 20 sms, not more than 30 mins talking on loud speaker, about 25 minutes of youtube video via wifi and leaving it for some hours with wifi on as well; playing around and arranging shortcuts - about 30 minutes, music player - 30 minutes. Brightness - 50%, screen turn off - 10 seconds. Maybe something else but probably not that much consuming. Any ideas? Is this a normal strength of the battery or is it bad? (i thought the battery would be enough for a 90 min video at least - but 25 minutes of video ate 7%-10% of it)

Based on what I am seeing here this would be fairly normal battery life given what it has been used for. Most data based functions do tend to eat a lot more battery than other functions. To check what is using the battery use the phone for a few hours then do this:

Main Menu > Settings > About Phone > Battery Use

Back
Top Bottom