• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I enable this cool task swicher?

rck01

I was playing with some Galaxy variants at our local Samsung store when I discovered this (see image below) when I invoked the task switcher:

6e8b54d07afa62aa03c022155e904bee.jpg

I assumed it was the lollipop switcher, but when I checked the OS version I found this:

a4469092fc1263893b6b829cf56406ea.jpg

Note: it was the same across all of the displayed models, from the "grand" to the a-series. They were all running KitKat, and they all displayed the same card-based task switcher.

All of which begs the question: where is this task switcher from and how do I enable it on my Avant? :)

RCK

The only one I know is the simple, no-frills one by hitting the menu key to the left of the home button.
If you have 99c or maybe it's 1.99 (I can't remember) I HIGHLY recommend dock4droid. You can dock your favorite apps along with X amount of recent apps. It's saved me lots of time not having to go to home screen or hitting the menu/recent apps key and going to a completely different screen when I don't have to. You can place the activation area anywhere on the screen and set it to invisible.. I find for me making the activation area right next to the side of the power/screen off button helps.. well out of the way of any soft keyboards. *edit* dock4droid is tiny and barely uses resources... nice bonus

Screenshot_2015-04-15-04-16-14.png

Back
Top Bottom