• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I flash the manufacturer firmware onto ASUS MeMopad FHD 10 (ME302C)?

I decided to root my tablet using Kingo Root and the root process went fine. I wanted to root my tablet to install an app which removed some of the bloatware that came with the tablet. Later, I decided that I did not need my tablet to be rooted anymore, and as the noob that I was (and still am) in terms of rooting, simply factory reset the tablet to the default state. What I should've done (presumably) was open SuperUser, and uninstall the root from there, then factory reset if I wanted to, but I just factory reset and now my tablet is jacked up. It boots into Android, but there are a number of problems. These are the ones that I know of:

1. GPS tracking does not work, although it is enabled
2. Android Device Manager does not work even as device administrator
3. The on-screen Home button does not work.
4. The notification drawer will not open and the icons for notifications do not appear at the top of the screen.
5. The tablet will not lock. The screen just turns off.
6. Built-in Android internet browser does not work.

My first actions were to uninstall the root properly then do a factory reset again, but it just brought me back to the broken state. Then I decided that updating the firmware would be the path to go. A support rep I talked to suggested that.

I already have the latest version of the firmware, but I should still be able to reinstall that version of the firmware, correct?

Anyway, the instructions on the website say to put the zip file in the root of the internal storage and an update notification will appear which you need to tap to install the firmware, but the fact that I can't open the notification drawer presents a problem for me. A support rep for Asus gave me instructions on how to install the firmware a different way, but the instructions were for a Transformer pad and did not work for my tablet. Online guides instructed you to enter recovery mode and choose the option to update the firmware there, but they didn't have the tablet obviously because the recovery mode is "droidboot provision os" and lacks the options they instructed you to choose. Someone with "droidboot provision os" recovery mode said that you could access similar options by choosing the Recovery Menu Item, but the only menu items I see are:

1. REBOOT DROIDBOOT
2. REBOOT
3. FACTORY RESET
4. SD DOWNLOAD
5. POWER OFF

Perhaps SD Download could be firmware update, when I ran it it told me "can't find ASUS_BUNDLE.ZIP" and when I renamed the firmware zip file to that and put it on the SD card, it appeared to do something, but if it actually did anything at all, it's not apparent.

Note: I just found out that SD Download allows you to load raw firmware onto device, but I can't find .raw for my tablet, just ZIP: http://www.asus.com/us/supportonly/ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10/HelpDesk_Download/

I really need to set a password on this tablet so any help would be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones