• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I get rid of the news app on lock screen?

CampiJR

Lurker
I have deactivated all apps in notifications and blocked all apps in advanced but I still get a news feed and to get rid of it I have to press and hold the screen which brings me to the lock screen page. Any suggestions?

Thank you

You need to identify the specific app and disable it or uninstall it in app settings on your phone.

I have disabled every app and it still shows.

The phone is only a couple of months old and it has been there from day one. Could it be a Samsung app?

It could very well be a Samsung app.

You obviously have not disabled it yet, because the news thing is still showing up.

I am not familiar with your device, but I do know that you can find out what apps have permission to show up on the lockscreen.

One of the apps with this permission is the culprit.

I had this problem. I actually disabled the lock screen, and it went away months ago. Today it came back. I hate it because it not only brought back the lock screen, but because I have to swipe right twice to unlock the phone, for some reason. The app causing it was called "Headlines". I uninstalled the updates for it, but the app remains. I clicked the options for it, and one of them did the trick. I am not going back to find out which one, no way.

This was caused for me by wallpaper carousel. Had to remove that and the reason I selected was that I don't want to see recommend stories. So they force ads or "news" on you to get a feature, typical

Back
Top Bottom