• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I get rid of these weird ad popup?

A

Android Question

My phone (galaxy core) has these pop up ads every so often in random patterns while I'm using apps and even when I'm not. Looking at all the solutions online, the ads I have don't look similar to the ones they're trying to fix. Im pretty sure it's the apk files I downloaded but I don't want to have to reset the entire phone, unless there is no other option. I tried virus scanners but it doesn't catch whatever is on my phone. I did a cclean and it saw this thing called advertising cache if that helps. Here's a picture of the type of ads that it shows.
F1KtVyV

F1KtVyV.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.

I was having this problem the other day. The only real fix would be to delete any apps that you could consider the most malicious, like apps from the internet. For me, my problem was an alternative app store.

-Jaron

I was downloading a mod, for one of my games and got a download and i accidently let it download, and it wont let me see all the apps, and it has ads popping up. Help?

Uninstall the whatever it is you downloaded and installed recently, and the ads should be gone. If you're downloading and sideloading from untrusted sources, suggest you just stick to Google Play or Amazon Apps in the future.

Last edited:
Uninstall the whatever it is you downloaded and installed recently, and the ads should be gone. If you're downloading and sideloading from untrusted sources, suggest you just stick to Google Play or Amazon Apps in the future.
Dont forget Fdroid for some of the best apps.

Have a look at NoRoot Firewall. It can allow and deny specific web accesses. You can also see which apps are requesting specific web accesses. A great little tool I use the hell out of.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom