• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I install a zip file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend emailed me an app, I downloaded it but instead of being an easy install APK like the other ones she has sent me, this one was a ZIP file.
I used WinZip fm Google Play to "unzip" the file, as you can see by the picture below.
2j16e1h.png

Everything I read made it seem like once I got the file "unzipped" that I would be able to automatically install the APK. (Obviously that is not the case) Everything has now become 1 of the following types of files: .dex; .arsc; .xml; .rsa; .sf; .mf; .so; or .txt. Can someone PLEASE tell me my next step??

Actually, that IS the paid version. I jad bought it & installed it on an older Galaxy I was temporarily using. By the time I got this phone my original gmail account had gotten hacked or spammed so I had it deleted & made a new one; therefore it was no longer in my apps list on the store. I had given her my old Galaxy & she said she could send me the APK file so I could have my launcher back. As you can see, it didn't work out so smoothly. "/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom