• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I kill one specific android app

How do I kill one specific app on my android phone ?

Ifound one bit of advice on several different web sites : "Close an app by swiping it up and off the screen. For vertically listed apps, swipe left or right"

I tried swiping in an upward direction and nothing happened

Swiping while in the app will only interact with what's on the screen, in the app. Tap the Recent Apps navigation button which will show all active apps in their respective little windows. NOW swipe up on the app(s) you want to get rid of.

Unless it's an older device with limited memory, leaving apps open in the background will not affect performance at all.

Another way to kill just one app is a little more involved but allows you to do more. Go into your Settings >> Apps menu, scroll through the resulting list to find that app in question, and tap to open its 'App info'. Tapping on 'Force stop' will kill the app. Since this app is apparently having some problems, you might also want to use 'Clear cache' to wipe the app's cache. And since you're already in the App info box, you might want check options in the Battery usage, Storage usage, and/or Permissions to see if anything might be better changed to prevent whatever problem you might be having with the app. These are all options on how the app ties in with the operating system, don't forget to look in the Settings/Options/Preferences menu in the app itself. Those will be options that are more about how the app ties in with you and how you use the app.

Back
Top Bottom