• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I prevent automatic volume turndown?

I used to be able to listen to podcasts on my car stereo at normal volume from my LG G2 through a cassette adapter plugged into the phone's output jack. Now the casts start off fine, but then suddenly become inaudible as my phone suddenly and for no reason reduces output volume with the message "media and call volume automatically turned down to protect your hearing." I do not want to crank up my car stereo volume as this results in an ear-bruising burst of sound whenever I switch the device over to FM radio. How do I get the LG G2 to stop ruining my podcast experience? How do I get this bug (it has no value, so it's not a "feature") removed or disabled on my non-rooted LG G2 phone?

I use MacroDroid to over-ride all settings period.

the free version gives you 5 macros that can only handle '1' feature at a time.

the upgrade version will let you add on extra features for each macro.

give it a whirl, I use it to set the volume for about anything you have ever heard of...
I am hard of hearing, and must keep the phone at MAX volume or it is muted for me.

* MacroDroid - Device Automation - Android Apps on Google Play

Thank you so much. I had no idea this app existed, and I've been wanting something like it for as long as I've had a smartphone. I'm installing it right now, and will probably purchase the upgrade.

I think this app will help somewhat. It's unfortunate that "system turns volume down" is not a listed macro trigger however. If I could set a macro to turn the volume back up everytime the system turns it down, I would be very happy. However, I have set "shake phone" and "insert headphone" to trigger max volume in the music stream, and this should help a lot. However, I really don't want to be messing about with my phone at all while I'm driving. Does anyone know a macro app that can be triggered by system actions?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom