• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I rectify sync after chrome ext. issue ?

David13

Jun 24, 2013
Hi I seem to have a strange predicament. I installed sprucemarks on my chrome desktop browser. Syncing no longer worked after I did so. This it seems is because the extension re-ordered my bookmarks alphabetically and several other things for me. My Android 4.2 phone could not then work it out and would no longer sync when I tried. So I went into the options on my desktop of the sprucemarks chrome extension. I then ticked a box saying "force Google chrome to sync". This does not appear to have fixed it. I did re-boot both my phone and my computer on both windows and linux ubuntu also too. Then I decided I would delete the Sprucemarks extension from windows chrome and linux ubuntu chrome also. And last of all I then tried syncing again thinking a deleted sprucemarks would solve the problem. It appears my android phone is still confused after the whole ordeal since sprucemarks was introduced. What are the further steps I should now take - Eg - Phone factory reset , desktop browsers resetting, re-install chrome ? Or is there something more simple I can do. I use the phones factory browser (by Google) which is not chrome itself. This had worked syncing with a chrome desktop prior. Its hard to know whether chrome is to blame or Sprucemarks ? Also please feel free to tell me to go to Sprucemarks or some sort of Google desktop help forum if you feel there the best places. Its possible the way chrome is designed for linux computer users that this had some influence. Please don't be afraid of tackling this one as I'd value your opinions even if your not sure whats best :). It does appear to be Android sync on the actual phone thats not working so I may need more persuading if its Google Chromes doing. Android is linux based so it should be repairable. The symptoms are the phone is syncing endlessly but not finishing and I see know extra new bookmarks appearing in the desktop after one is synced over from the phone anymore.

Thanks very much for any time and help you can give me.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones