• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I unblock my caller ID?

kal s

Lurker
I do free-lance work from home. I make between 80 and 100 calls a day. It dawned on me last week that I probably shouldn't be spreading my cell number all over the country. Dialing *69 before every call is quite tedious so I downloaded a few caller ID blockers to see which one I liked best. Well I found out that people are less likely to answer their phone when they see 'private' or 'blocked' so I deleted the apps. The problem is one of them left some crap behind that is still blocking my number. So now I have to dial *82 before each call to unblock my number to increase the chances of someone picking up. It's just as tedious as what I was initially trying to avoid. Where do I find these leftover files?

My S5 is rooted with towelroot and I'm running 4.4.4 I believe if that makes any difference.

Btw-this is a Verizon S5 so there is no option in settings to turn this on/off. That's why I was messing around with the apps in the first place.

Hope someone can help. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom