• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you choose a mobile app development company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourodip9

Lurker
Hello all, if you want to develop a top-class android app for your business or enterprise, how do you search for an android app development company?

So you are looking for advice on finding and vetting someone to build an app for you? I suppose any agreement or contract you sign you probably want to make sure that you own any code or other resources produced so if you had to move from one vendor to another you aren't starting from scratch.

Honestly, I wouldn't. If I needed something interactive that interfaced with my enterprise, I'd be more inclined to develop a web app that was platform-independent.

However, to answer your question, I'd first reach out to a tech partner or peer -- someone I knew personally -- and see if anyone else had a contact of a company they could recommend. There's nothing better than personal experience with regards to professional services. I'd be more inclined to use a plumber recommended to me by a neighbor than simply looking one up in a phone book or searching the internet.

The question I have for you is how much technical knowledge do you have? Can you competently evaluate a prospective vendor? It's great if they claim to be able to do everything you need, but without ever working with them, will you be able to tell if they actually can?

And remember the old adage when looking for companies to work with -- they can ...

a.) Complete the job on time.
b.) Produce a quality product.
c.) Work within your budget.

Pick any two. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom