• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How has the Android experience been for you so far?

I'm so glad you have said this...for a time I was beginning to think you were a troll. ;)

No. no troll just unhappy with my purchase. I will get over it though. sorry to be an ass. But also, reading posts before I joined, i saw a lot of Apple bashing and accusations of trolling by Apple fans, because they were critisizing the Android OS. I felt like I had to come guns blazing and state my case why, to justify myself. I use my phone all day everyday, mostly for work, some pleasure, it'sa a tool for me not a toy, as my Iphone was too.

I am with Android now for awhile, so i will make the best of it.

Upvote 0
I was just wondering how other people are finding Android nowadays from when they first got their phone...?
Overall very positive. I do miss some things from the Blackberry world but I wouldn't consider it worthwhile to switch back.

Will you always be sticking with Android in the future?
No telling. I select devices on their own merits. Blindly following a certain platform just doesn't make sense to me.

Upvote 0
I switched from a Pre to the Hero about 2 months ago and it has been a great experience. I love the shape and feel of the phone and all of the apps.

My Pre was replaced 6 times in 6 months due to failures. I will say the Sprint treated me right and when they offered me a Hero as a free trade-in I jumped at it.

I really had high hopes for WebOS but it just never took off. The apps are costly and lame, the build quality of the handset is poor and the constant problems with the phone left a sour taste. I am delighted with my Hero and anxiously await 2.1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones