• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How hot is too hot?

gale65

Android Enthusiast
Sometimes my phone gets really hot. Today I used it for maybe 10 minutes and it got very hot-about 112 degrees F. I have the DU rom and the Franco kernel. Is there a setting to avoid this?

Sometimes my phone gets really hot. Today I used it for maybe 10 minutes and it got very hot-about 112 degrees F. I have the DU rom and the Franco kernel. Is there a setting to avoid this?
Are you getting massive battery drain with the increase of temperature? Mines at 109-111 degrees Fahrenheit (CPU temp) right now and it doesn't feel hot, at most just a little warm (not using a case). I have the same setup as you right now. Where you using an app to get that measurement of temperature?

I didn't really notice massive drain. It felt hot to me but maybe it's not as hot as I felt like it was. I was using Dolphin Browser. The only Franco Kernel setting I've changed is the battery charging from regular to fast. It was not charging at the time. The heat was up near the camera area.

I'm using Dolphin now and after maybe 5min it's up to 107. If it gets too hot will I get a warning?

There is warning but it would have to be like 150+ to see it and by that time the device would auto shut-off. There must be something in the background running, do you have a battery monitor app? Do you have the dolphin jetpack extension installed?

I use WLD and nothing weird seems to be running. I do have jetpack installed. I didn't but Dolphin kept crashing so I installed it.

Back