• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How I know I have 4g

Costs will depend on your tariff, but on any network I've experience of call costs do not depend on whether you are using 2G/3G/4G. In fact unless your network supports voice over LTE it will use 2G or 3G for your calls anyway, and 4G only for data.

If the phone is set to auto-switch it should select LTE when available. As for your nearest tower, it will depend on where you are (by which I mean which country). In the UK where I am every network has its own mobile coverage checking pages, and Ofcom provide a central one as well. Though you might question their reliability: I live in a Vodafone blackspot, but their site claims good indoor and outdoor coverage. So one answer would be to look it up. Another would be to set your phone to 4G only (if you have an option) then scan for networks. Or use one of many widgets to show what sort of network you are connected to.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Hi, hadron, nice of you to cover every point in your reply.
if suppose, i enable only lta, ie 4g, do you mean to say, that if it is not available in my tower, i will not get any signal even 2 g?
i will check it if i have lta alone in my network connections.
Do the upload speed also increase with 4g, because in 3g, upload speed is barest minimum.. What is the dw and upload speed of 4g normally.

Upvote 0
Yeah, if you can set it to LTE-only and there is no LTE coverage it should not connect.

Speeds should be higher with 4G, but these things depend on distance to the cell and how many other people are using it as well. In strong coverage right now I get ~130 Mb/s download and ~30 Mb/s upload on 4G (I've seen both higher and lower before), while to a 3G antenna on the same basestation I get about 15 Mb/s download and 3-5 Mb/s upload (HSDPA+ connection), which is comparable to an ADSL connection. Some 4G tariffs may cap at lower speeds, depending on the operator.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Hi enclosed the signal. Could experts say if it is 4g

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190502-100028.png
    Screenshot_20190502-100028.png
    512.2 KB · Views: 62
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones