• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How much internal storage needed for tablets?

SearMe

Lurker
How much storage do most people use?

I was battling between TF101 refurb and the Nexus 7 before except the screen size and storage I was worried about so I decided to go for the TF101. But now the news of Fire HD is streaming in I'm a bit more torn. I plan to root the Kindle HD if I go with it BUT I'm wondering if the 16 GB is the only size offered, will it be enough or if I will regret it..?

It will be used more as a casual around town device for me - school, casual gaming, social and media device. I want to put a descent amount of music on it though.. I've never had a tablet so don't really know how easily it can fill up? Budget is around 300ish US dollars

Just remember that you can add storage with the SD microcard, and if you go for the optional keyboard, you have another SD slot. That is like you can add up to 64G (but it will cost).

By the way, the keyboard is really nice. AND be aware, you don't have a USB port without the keyboard. With the keyboard, you have two USB slots.

I would consider size over storage, personally. Listening to music on a 10" tablet would be a pain. Same with just pulling it out 'around town'. I have the Transformer plus a Galaxy Nexus phone, which has quite the large screen and 16GB storage, no microSD.

Plus as technology marches along, you could pull data to the tablet through a wifi or phone-tether connection.

Anyway- apps can take 2-20MB apiece, mp3 are 3-6MB apiece, movies are tons of space, pictures probably 1-2MB each. A little bit of management and it's not a big deal..

But I'd say go handle them at a regular store. The Nexus is really slick- I want one but really don't have a need for it. :-)

Back
Top Bottom