• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to avoid Whatsapp changing my contacts

frivo

Lurker
My built in handsfree in my car shows duplicate numbers for most of my contacts. I guess the reason is that whatsapp contacts (they are actually taken from my contacts) are merged with my phone contacts since now there is a mobile number and a whatsapp number (which are the same indeed). Is there a way to avoid this?

Strange, I have Whatsapp with no duplicate issue?. So, if you go to the Contacts app and tap the stacked three periods in the top right corner and then tap "Manage Accounts" in the drop down, you will get a list of the apps that supply their contacts to your main contact list. In your case you can delete Whatsapp from the list and that should fix your issue.

I had a similar issue but in my case it was the Waze app which was giving me multiple duplicates.

Just make sure that WhatsApp is not set to sync with your contacts and it will stay away from your main contacts list on your phone.

Back
Top Bottom