• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to back up with out root...

My wife is thinking about allowing me to root her phone... She saw my phone with the Vanilla Froyo... She wants it but doesn't want to lose all her texts...
When I did my Flash I lost everything and because I was rooted before I just used Titanum backup to get my apps back but all my texts were lost.. Did I do something wrong.... I'm new to all of this.... She wants root for the wifi tether... any advise...

My wife is thinking about allowing me to root her phone... She saw my phone with the Vanilla Froyo... She wants it but doesn't want to lose all her texts...
When I did my Flash I lost everything and because I was rooted before I just used Titanum backup to get my apps back but all my texts were lost.. Did I do something wrong.... I'm new to all of this.... She wants root for the wifi tether... any advise...

Backup all system app data. Restore it with Titanium Backup after.

the direction to flash vanilla had me type rfs on a command line is that want wiped away all my texts... so I should root flash then install titanum backup that flash the custom rom...if i do that will that keep all of the text messages...

GoSMS Pro will also let you accomplish this without rooting.

Back
Top Bottom