• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [HOW-TO] Build CM10.1 For The LG Spectrum

azoller1

Android Expert
Jul 16, 2012
This CM's Official Guide On How to Build CM10.1 For the LG Spectrum

BUILD GUIDE SPECTRUM-CYANOGENMOD 10.1

Also here is a great guide to set up your environment for building CM10.1

SETTING UP YOUR ENVIRONMENT

BENEFITS FROM BUILDING YOURSELF
-Never have to wait for a nightly, can do it yourself instead
-Learn how to use git
-Learn how to use Ubuntu and Linux terminal
-If you have evrything from source, then you can do whatever you want! maybe build a kernel, or make a theme, or merge some commits from other peoples source and put it in your own, like cherry-picking, or you can make your own tweaks to speed up your device
-May pick up no some C, C++, and java language and learn how the build system works
-Can say that phones are pretty much just as powerful and awesome as computers are
-Maybe you will pick up enough info and then can port to other devices without CM
-And just be smarter about all of android
-Can brag that you can build cm10.1 from source by yourself
-And its fun!

SOME TIPS:
-If you do "make clean" or "make clobber" before you start your second build it will take longer, becuase after your first build it has files there for the next build, so if you build without wiping those files the build will be faster than if you deleted all of those files

-Also if you do breakfast vs920, and it doesnt get any files, you might need to go to github manuelly and clone them into system/device/lge/vs920 and system/kernel/lge/iproj i think that should be good

-Also from day to day build make clean or make clobber is not needed i usually do make clobber after lots of changes i have made in the source, and i usually never do make clean, like if you start merging aokp and cm features together you probably need to make clobber

-I will probably make a script that does this all automatically for you guys, ill write one up soon

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones