• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (How-to) Disable camera button

Loota

Android Enthusiast
I hate the camera button on this phone.. I always bump it when playing a game or watching a movie or doing anything really..

So I disabled it by editing the included gpio-keys.kl file and placing it in my /system/usr/keylayout/ folder.

I did this on a boost phone and while I think it would be the same in a Sprint phone I can't check it so be wary.

Download this file http://db.tt/fpEw2xUH and follow the steps to do the same..

Assuming you have root (you're in the root section of these forums after all..)

1. Get a root browser. Use it to navigate to
/system/usr/keylayout/.

2. Copy gpio-keys.kl and put it in a safe place in your sd card (in case you want to undo this)

3. Delete /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kl (not the backup copy you just made!)

4. Copy my version of the same file (all I did was remove the camera button entry from the file in a text editor) to /system/usr/keylayout/

5. Reboot, test and enjoy!

Hey Slayer :) I was just now coming to the forums to do a roll call and see who is getting this device for the holiday season since this is prolly our big shot here on the "edge" of the forums to get some fresh blood and get this subforum active :).

I like the edge.. my only complaints are poor battery life and a weird intermittent feedback loop I suspect comes from the new earpiece tech.. but I'm sure you read that ;)

Back
Top Bottom